-I thought you were all about the “big picture,” the “meant to be,” and the “everything happens for a reason.”
– I was. But, it’s different now. I feel different now.
– Why? What’s so different about now?
– He hurt me more than I realized.
– And, so now you think about it differently?
– Yes. I think so.
– So, what’s so different?
– It just isn’t getting any easier. The pain isn’t going away and it actually hurts more each day. I don’t think I knew what I was saying before, but it is all starting to sink in now. It is much worse than I realized. He hurt me more than I knew at first, and more than I let myself admit. I protected him and defended everything he ever did and never put myself first.
– I’m so sorry.
– Don’t be. It isn’t your fault.
– I know, but still – I feel bad for you.
– That’s exactly it, though. Please don’t feel bad for me. It isn’t helping. I feel bad enough.
– Wait, so you don’t believe in all that destiny stuff anymore? That’s such a big part of who you are.
– Nope. I guess not.
– He’s a jerk.
– I know.